Monday, September 22, 2008

I've been meaning to blog but needless to say I've been computer-less for a couple weeks now. Its not that big of a deal except for the fact that I had addresses saved for wedding invites and all the pictures we needed for the wedding on my sad sad laptop. How convenient. Luckily some computer nerds were able to save all the crap on my computer and transfer it to our new one. Don't worry I have 16 GB of pictures...It took 2 hours just to transfer pictures off my laptop. What can I say, I love photography. The computer nerds pretty much thought I was a photography nerd. Anywho, we now have a nice computer and Internet at our house now. I can continue blogging or blabbing, whatever you want to call it :)


I'm EXCITED because now I can blog about my BIRTHDAY! We celebrated my birthday on Labor day, two days before my birthday, because we both had a day off from school and work.

JAKE spoiled me! I LOVE HIM! It was all a surprise, which Jake does best ;)

FIRST, I got to sleep in which is a birthday present in and of itself! I thought Jake got to sleep in to but later that day he confessed that he went to bed at 3AM the night before and only got a few hours of sleep. He was so busy planning my birthday and excited to surprise me :) After I woke up I called my love and he told me to get ready and bring two more outfits. Something comfy and something fancy. This intrigued me but I still didn't get any clues as to what we were doing that day.

SECOND, I headed down to our condo in bountiful for a fun-filled day. I had to call when I got there and wait a few minutes before I could go inside. When I finally got to go inside, I got a huge hug and kiss, balloons all over the floor, curly ribbon hanging from the ceiling and birthday banners up everywhere! I was way surprised! Wait there's more...there were beautiful red roses and a card waiting for me on the table. They were the coolest looking roses I'd ever seen they were stripped!

THIRD, Jake gave me a cooking magazine and he bought us both a plain apron and tons of sharpies. We decorated our aprons all hot like so we could wear them while we cooked dinner. It was way fun and luckily I was feeling creative that day because some days I lack in that department. I just have to let you all know that my almost husband is sooo cute. He was going to have me go home that evening so he could make dinner for me, but he decided it would be much more enjoyable to make it together. It really was! I love cooking! Especially with my hubby :) He had picked out all the recipes we were going to make for dinner and they were perfect! Everything I loved!

FOURTH, we headed to redbox to get a free dvd. We finally decided on Step Up 2. Not something I would have chosen but they have some sweet awesome dance moves in that movie. Jake loved it because he's always wanted to learn how to break dance and the whold movie was about street dancing. We always love movie time and cuddling :)

FIFTH, we set out to Walmart to get everything for dinner. I'm weird but I love going grocery shopping with Jake he is very entertaining. One of the recipes called for a couple crazy spices so we had to shop around for those. We headed home and started making our delicious dinner. We had herbs de provence chicken, a onion and tomato salad with balsamic vinegar dressing, and my famous loaded potatoes (Applebee's has nothing on me!) We both changed into our fancy clothes to eat dinner it was so romantical. We even had martinelli in fancy glasses! I loved it!

LAST OF ALL , both of us decided it would be fun to stay in our fancy clothes and we went down to the Gateway to see a movie. It was fun walking around all pretty like I don't get to do it much :) Well Jake fell asleep just as the movie was getting good but thats okay I still love him! Its either him or I that fall asleep during movies, never at the same time. Weird how we do that.

The whole day was AMAZING! Thanks Jake for making my birthday such a special one! I love that you take so much time to plan fun things! You take such good care of me! I can't wait til October 11th! 19 DAYS! I LOVE YOU!

As for the rest of my birthday week my family spoiled me! I got to go to California Pizza Kitchen with my Dad, Riley and Mary, and Jake. I got my favorite BBQ chicken pizza and after we stopped by the rocky mountain chocolate factory to get my favorite caramel apples. Saturday my Mom, Riley, and I headed down to the farmers market in Salt Lake. I loved it! Its fun to walk around and Mom bought me delicious peaches. Later that day Mom and I got Maddocks chicken and took it to the duck park and had a cute little picnic. It was relaxing and a good time to spend some alone time just Mom and Me :) It was such a fun birthday! Thanks everyone for the fabulous birthday week!

5 comments:

Pickup Family said...

I am so glad you found some shoes. With my shoe size being an 11 I can find cute shoes but can never find the rights size. It sucks big time. Hope everything is going good with the wedding. It sounds like you had a great birthday also. Can Jake give Ryan some pointers. My birthday is coming up and it would be great:) Got to love those men. We love you guys.

Steven and Kari said...

I am really glad that you have a computer again, and were able to get all of your pictures back, what a relief. I am glad that Jake is so wonderful, you two are prefect for one another!!!

Unknown said...

I am glad that Jake treated you right. We are so excited to see you soon. Glad that you had a Happy Birthday!

Jenny said...

This is so fun to read!!! Can't wait to hear more.

Amanda S. said...

BRE! How exciting and darling. I'm definitely happy for you.