So I called my dress lady last Monday slightly stressed because I was getting my bridals taken the next day and had not seen the final alterations on my dress. I told her I could take work off early, try it all on and get everything worked out. Before hanging up she said, "but we have one slight problem..." This didn't help my stress level any. She continued to explain that my veil was somewhere in Texas and she couldn't get a hold of the company that was shipping my shoes. I guess it had something to do with the hurricanes down south. Everyone had evacuated so she couldn't get a hold of store owners. Never thought hurricanes would affect me in any way but I was sorely mistaken. I'm just glad it's not my dress that's missing somewhere in route. I now had to use my wicked problem solving skills. I could borrow a veil and shoes...but my dress is ivory and everyone I knew had white. That pretty much ended the problem solving fun. I knew I was going to have to buy new shoes, and hopefully they had an ivory veil at the store I could use. I went to try on my dress which went very well, the dress lady made a makeshift veil dyed ivory and I was left running around trying to find shoes for the next day. I was already feeling crappy that day I just wanted to go home and sleep but I had to go shoe shopping instead. For those of you that know me well, shoe shopping is very close to bottom on my list of favorite things to do...I was stoked. After looking at 6 different stores I nearly gave up. I was looking for 3 inch flip flops in ivory or even brown at this point. Every store owner kept reminding me that it is not summer anymore and flip flops are a summer shoe, which I was well aware of. I bagged the flip flop idea and broadened the search to tall shoes so I wouldn't have to alter any length off my dress. I pretty much gave up and decided to use my friends white flip flops she lent me, but I was drawn to one last store. Journeys out of all places...I walked in there pretty much knowing I wouldn't find anything unless I resorted to skater shoes or flats. Miraculously I found some tall strappy heel/wedges (I don't know shoe terminology) that worked and they were only 20 bucks. So I hurry and bought them and ran home to de-stress from my less then stellar shoe shopping experience. And thats why shoe shopping sucks.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Nan, I hate shoe shopping too!!!
Post a Comment