I'm so very excited! Jake proposed on Monday April 28th! We are getting married in the Bountiful temple on Saturday October 11th, 2008! That Monday was a crazy day for me because I had my anatomy final the next day and I was trying to get all my studying in before 5 that evening. I was a little stressed and irritated to say the least from studying all day and was relieved when Jake showed up to pick me up. I feel kinda bad I was uptight I think I made Jake a little nervous because he wanted me to be happy and he wanted the whole night to work out perfectly as planned. On the way to his house, I asked Jake if we were in trouble because we had never gone to dinner with his parents :) he assured me that we weren't in trouble at least not to his knowledge haha So we got to Jake's house and went upstairs to hang out. By then I had calmed down and was excited just to relax and forget about school for awhile. Jake already explained the happenings of his proposal so I won't add the details but I do have to say I was very surprised! I told Jake that I didn't care how he proposed it just had to be a surprise. He says I'm really hard to surprise because I ask too many questions...sorry :) He did really well though. First of all I didn't think he was proposing, because the ring he gave me we had just found a week before. He called and told me we couldn't get that one for awhile because he had to save up some money. That punk already had the ring when he told me that haha but he had to go to extreme measures to keep this a secret. He also videotaped the whole thing which would have been suspicious, but I didn't think anything of it because him and his friend Gary have been vidoetaping everything lately. My favorite is when he got down on his knee and said, "will you marry me?" I love how simple it was. We're not the flowery word kinda couple and it was perfect. Of course I said I'd love to and everyone asks if I cried but I didn't. I was just so happy and excited all we could do was smile and kiss and smile some more :) His parents took us to Mimi's Cafe for dinner which was delicious. We had a wonderful time! Then we went to visit my mom she had just gotten home from the airport. It was a good surprise to come home too! We went to see my dad and tell him the good news. I wish I could have visited everyone I knew, I was so excited to tell people that we were getting married! Of course both of our phones died in the middle of us telling our family and friends about our engagement...bad timing. All in all it was an amazing day! To say the least I had a hard time sleeping that night and didn't do so hot on my final the next day but it was so worth it! Thanks love for the perfect day! I can't wait to spend more with you! I love you Jake!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Yay! Congratulations you two!!! Way to be creative, Jacob! I'm so happy for you both and sure hope I can make it to the wedding!
We are so excited for you and we can't wait to see you this weekend.
Post a Comment